Tuesday, April 15, 2008

barbie likes to party

***
hello my pretties,

so this is my first post to my new berlin blog. i started it to keep in touch with you, my wonderful toronto kumpels* while i'm here, and i hope you enjoy reading about my adventures in toyland. i'm also always happy to find new friends, so if we haven't met already thank you for stopping by (’-’*)

i wanted to write more tonight, but it took me so verdammte** long to make my blog look pretty that i have no more energy and i'll do a proper post tomorrow.

but a little "statement of intent" before i begin:

1. i don't plan to write every day - every 3 or 4 is probably more realistic. and only when there's something fun/interesting/tasty to talk about.

2. this is going to be more of a 'show and tell' type affair, in which i'll narrate pictures and short video of quirky people/places/things that i catch along the way. i'm still figuring out how to be more discreet with the camera, but in the mean time i'm enjoying being a total "tourist".

2a. by "video" i mean whatever i can shoot with my little elph, and while i'm not the steadiest hand in the world, i promise not to post anything that will make you kotzen (which means 'puke'. and if you want to learn from my mistakes, do NOT confuse with katzen, which means 'kitty cats'. people will laugh. a lot).

3. while here, i plan to skanken*** many wigs - both mine and others'. which all barbies love to do, after all.

4. please comment or write to me and let me know if there's anything you want me to ask about, anywhere you want me to visit, or anything you'd like me to do/see/report back. barbie is up for anything. especially in the name of 'research'.

5. call me...i like to party.

xo,
incoherent 5 am barbie










GERMAN/BARBIE GLOSSARY

*ger. noun, pl: homeboys/homegirls

**ger. adj, vulg: fucking

***ger. var, verb, irr: lit. to skank; barbie: to customize using var. products and accessories; to "own" (e.g. the room).

No comments: